|Though we are currently not in a drought, it is wise to follow these water saving tips (money saving too!).
- Repair your leaks.
- Replace your old toilet. Toilets built after 1992 are far more water efficient.
- Replace your old washing machine. Newer models use up to 50% less water.
- Decorate your property efficiently to save on watering costs.
- Do not overwater your plants.
- Use a pool cover to prevent water evaporation.
- Backwashing your pool can use anywhere from 250-1000 gallons of water. Do it yourself!
- Reduce the length of your showers.
- Wash your car only as frequently as needed.
- Keep an eye on your water meter! Use it to keep track of how much water you are using and to help detect leaks.
- Do not run faucets continuously while washing dishes or brushing your teeth.